Aims and objectives
At Langport Surgery we aim to provide our patients with the best quality care available. Our charter is a statement of what you can expect from the practice and what we feel we can expect from you in return.
Your rights as our patient:
- We are committed to giving you the best possible service we can achieve by working together.
- You will always be treated with courtesy and respect.
- You will always be offered the treatment we believe is appropriate for you, by a suitably qualified person.
- We will provide information about our services in our practice booklet and through our staff.
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Medical emergencies will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day for urgent problems.
- We will offer you a same day appointment whenever possible. If an appointment is not available, we will arrange for you to see a doctor on the same day after normal surgery provided you are prepared to wait.
- Emergency cover will be available at all times outside normal surgery opening hours by telephoning 111.
- Medical advice is available 24 hours a day from the NHS 111 website.
- We will tell you when the results of tests and X-rays are likely to be available and how to obtain them.
- Please allow 48 (working) hours between requesting and collecting your medication. Repeat prescriptions requested on Friday before 5:30 will be available for collection on Tuesday; after this time collection should be on Wednesday.
- We will strive to promote good health through advice and preventative medicine.
- We will respect your rights of confidentiality and rights to access medical records within the law.
- We will try to deal with any problems or complaints as quickly as possible which you bring to our attention and welcome your suggestions for improving our service to you.
What you can do for us
- You are partners in the care you receive and we ask you to accept your own responsibilities in return.
- Please treat your surgery staff with due courtesy and respect.
- If you are unclear about your treatment please ask. Try to follow any medical advice given you.
- If you need a home visit, if possible please telephone before 10.30am.
- Only ask for urgent appointments or home visits when appropriate.
- Let us know as soon as you can if you cannot keep an appointment.
- Please telephone after 10:00am to obtain the results of investigations and X-rays.
- Whenever possible please request repeat prescriptions using the slip on your prescription form or by ordering online. Your repeat slip may be sent by post enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope or dropped into the prescriptions post box in the surgery foyer.
- Please respond promptly to any letters we may send to you.
- Be understanding when your own consultation is delayed by someone else's unexpected emergency.
- Many illnesses can be prevented through healthy living. Ask about "Looking after your Health" advice.
- Screening programmes are invaluable in the early detection certain illness. Please take advantage of them.
Suggestions / Complaints
We try to provide the best possible service to our patients and will always welcome your views or suggestions for further improvements.
If you have a suggestion, you may wish to post it in the box in the waiting room which is cleared weekly. Alternatively. if you would prefer to discuss a criticism, please ask to speak to the Operations Manager.
We realise that there may be occasions when our service to you falls short of our customary standard. If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in Langport Surgery please let the Operations Manager know.
Click here for further details